Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Miltassia Charles M. Fitch (Brassia verrucosa x Miltonia spectabilis)




Last updated September 18, 2014.

Affectionately called by Andre and me as "The Charles".  The Charles opened over 3 hours early this morning, documented in the first five pictures in this post. At one point, he looked like he had his arms up and hands clasped in a victory air handshake. He opened five minutes after that shot into a joyful jumping jack.

A subtly sweetly fragrant boy, The Charles exists in a constant bloom since I got him at the GNYOS 2013 Annual Orchid Auction. Right now, he is sporting two spikes! He dangles around as a gorgeous cork mounted chandelier of a specimen. You can see his distinctive orb gracing the shower curtain rod on the left in this old picture of my bathroom greenhouse (below). This picture was taken when my orchid collection was a just under half of the size it is now. My addiction to fussing over emerging roots, bulbs, leaves and flowers blossomed right along with my green friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment